Monday, February 2, 2009

My Chinese New Year














Weeks before Chinese New Year, we did spring cleaning. A few days before Chinese New Year, for four consecutive days, my brother and I helped my mother to make New Year cookies. We started with chocolate chips cookies followed by cashew nut cookies and semprit biscuit.

My mother bought two pineapples to be placed in the house to symbolise good luck. We had three boxes of mandarin oranges to give friends during new year as a way of wishing them good luck.

My father planted four red radish in pots. This symbolises the abundance of luck .

First day of Chinese New Year, after our lunch of Longevity Noodles, we prayed at a temple Waterloo Street. The temple was very crowded.

The days were spent eating the cookies that I baked and watching movies at home and having lots of fun.

No comments: